OHS & QUALITY
Sykes Transport operates under its own robust third party certified business management systems. Every part of our operation is governed by procedure and process stemming from our management systems thereby ensuring efficient reliable general transport and specialised transport services to all of our clients throughout Western Australia and beyond.
Sykes Transport is committed to maintaining quality, safety and environmental standards for all employees, clients and members of the public that we may interact with whilst conducting our business.
We do this by:
- Considering safety and environment first in all decision making processes.
- Applying our Safety Management Plan.
- Applying our OH&S policy.
- Applying our Quality Management Plan.
- Applying our Quality policy.
- Applying our Environmental policy.
- Applying our Chain of Responsibility Policy and Procedures.
- Continual training of all staff, including: forklift, load restraint, Dangerous Goods, Controlled Waste transport, manual handling, fatigue management, vehicle inspection and OH&S.
- Pre-employment medicals and then at least every three years thereafter.
- Drug and Alcohol testing.
- Externally audited Fatigue management policy (including pre-start checks).
- Externally audited Maintenance management policy.
- GPS tracking of all vehicles.
- Electronic speed limiting of all heavy vehicles.
- Supplying and enforcing use of all PPE appropriate for each and every task.
- Regular toolbox, management and OH&S committee meetings.
- Having an “open door” policy for the Managing Director’s office, so any employee can voice any concerns, at any time directly to the M.D if they wish and know action will be taken.
- Supplying modern vehicles and equipment.
- Maintaining our equipment to an extremely high standard.
- Inducting all new employees through our comprehensive induction programs.
- Issuing Employees with “Sykes Transport Employees Handbook” that they are to carry with them at all times for reference on company procedures and to deal with unexpected situations.
- Regular Client Satisfaction Surveys to ensure our quality of service exceeds their expectations.
Our reputation will only be maintained and enhanced by getting it right every time. We aim to continue to provide the best general transport and specialised transport service in Western Australia and welcome your suggestions and input on any component of our business management systems.